Snappi Diaper Fastener
The Snappi® Diaper Fastener has revolutionized cloth diapering! This PINLESS diaper fastener offers a practical and reliable way to fasten a cloth diaper and has become one of the most important cloth diapering accessories in the world. An EASY to use fastener that offers a PRACTICAL and RELIABLE way to fasten a cloth diaper, replacing the diaper pin. It comes in a variety of colors and is made from a stretchable non-toxic material, which is T-shaped with 'teeth' on each end. These 'teeth' hook into the diaper fabric to ensure a snug-fitting diaper with enough natural movement for the baby.
Snappi® s have become the cloth diapering necessity that "pulls it all together" !
The benefits of this fastener include:
- SAFER THAN PINS - no more pinpricks for baby or parent!!
- RELIABLE - a snug fitting diaper to prevent those dreaded leaks
- DURABLE - no snaps that can become brittle/rust, nor any velcro to catch all the lint in the wash!! At least if your Snappi® fastener needs to be replaced, your expensive diaper is not wasted!!
- ECONOMICAL – affordable fastener that works very well with the less expensive flat, prefold or contour cloth diapers
- EASY to use – allows first time parents, grandparents and people with arthritic problems to cloth diaper with ease. It is as easy as 1 – 2 - 3
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
Snappi® fasteners must be used responsibly, and need to be used correctly in order to work effectively.
- STRETCH the Snappi® fastener before its first use. The stretching triggers the 'memory' of the Snappi® to return to its original size, and in so doing, will pull the diaper together to the middle to allow for a snug fit. This is essential for the Snappi® to work properly. This can be done by holding the Snappi® in the center with one hand, and close to the end of the leg with the other hand. Then s-t-r-e-t-c-h a few times (10 or so). As you do this you should feel how the material 'softens' or gets more elastic. Follow this stretching procedure with each leg. The Snappi® is now ready to go!
- Make sure that the Snappi® is ATTACHED SECURELY. It is important that the Snappi® 'leg' being attached be stretched across the diaper before hooking it into the diaper. When attaching the Snappi®, hold onto the solid part of the tab. DO NOT pull on the loops. So, Hook Left, Stretch ACROSS and Hook Right, Stretch DOWN and Hook Center. In other words, the Snappi® fastener should go from a ‘T’ shape to a ‘Y’ shape.
By following these instructions, the Snappi® should be secure and the diaper will fit snugly. ALWAYS place a cover over the diaper and Snappi® fastener.
SIZE 2 SNAPPI®s FOR TODDLERS!
After endless requests from Snappi® users, we introduced a bigger Snappi® in 2007 - the Size 2 Snappi®, which is better suited for larger babies and young toddlers. It is longer across the top ‘T’ of the Snappi®. Once stretched correctly, the Snappi® fastener gives an additonal 4” stretch across the width than the Size 1 Snappi®. It comfortably fits up to a 30” waist.
AGE RECOMMENDATION: Although this depends largely on the size and shape of the baby or toddler, we recommend using the Size 2 Snappi® for children aged 16 months+
WARNING: Keep all Snappi® fasteners out of children’s reach when not in use. Do NOT use a Snappi® fastener on toddlers who have the ability to undo their cover and take off their diaper and/or clothes.
Snappi® Safety Feature
When the Snappi® fastener is not in use, fold the loop over the back of the Snappi® end to fit over the teeth of the white grip.This acts as a barrier and prevents the sharp teeth from being exposed. These loops are NOT to be pulled on when attaching the Snappi® fastener to the diapers. When attaching the Snappi®, hold onto the solid part of the tab.
Made in South Africa